Sunday, July 7, 2013

A love poem for my wife...





"I Could"




I could say it in a million words,

that you turned around my little world. 

Struggled with the pain and strife, 

and even gave us brand new life. 




I could show my love in things I do, 

or in just the way I look at you. 

I said it on a bended knee, 

when I asked you to marry me. 


I could yell it out across the land, 

or show it just by holding hands. 

Run your bath or rub your feet, 

just to show what you mean to me. 


I could look like a fool for you, 

in front of friends if you want me to. 

Stand on tables in front of them, 

and talk about my Karicim. 


I could hold you when you need to cry, 

and grow old together by your side. 

A million words or just a few... 

I say it all with "I love you." 



by Marc LeMere, For Funda LeMere


My Karicim (kah-rih-jim, turkish for wifey) 




No comments:

Post a Comment